Los Angeles, April 26 (IANS) Hollywood stars Meryl Streep and Jennifer Lawrence are both owed over $100,000 by the Weinstein Company, according to new court documents. Partners at disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein’s former company are currently in the middle of a bankruptcy battle, and it has now come to light that the two Oscar winners are owed money, reports aceshowbiz.com. According to papers obtained by a portal The Blast, the Weinstein Company accountants have filed statements detailing the amounts of money various creditors are owed, and Streep is owed almost $143,000, while Lawrence is owed over $102,000. Last month, the company released a full list of creditors, which included names like John Legend, Jerry Seinfeld, Julianne Moore, Peter Jackson and Pierce Brosnan. Streep and Lawrence were both outspoken after Weinstein’s lawyers mentioned them as part of his defence in a class action lawsuit, using positive remarks they had made about the producer. Lawrence said: “Harvey Weinstein and his company are continuing to do what they have always done which is to take things out of context and use them for their own benefit. This is what predators do, and it must stop.” She added: “While I was not victimised… Read full this story
- Harvey Weinstein allegations: Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence and other actors express dismay
- Hollywood's open dirty secret: Why Harvey Weinstein isn't an outlier
- Harvey Weinstein QUITS his own film company after boardroom showdown
- Harvey Weinstein is FIRED from his own film company amid sexual harassment claims
- What is Harvey Weinstein’s net worth, what are the latest sexual harassment allegations and what films has he produced?
- Dame Judi Dench blasts ‘horrifying’ abuse of sex pest movie mogul Harvey Weinstein
- Female film stars urged to condemn Harvey Weinstein as more shocking claims emerge against producer
- Meryl Streep: Laundromat is a bad joke played on 'all of us'
- Designer Donna Karan says Harvey Weinstein’s victims may have been ‘asking for it’ by the way they dress
- Emma Watson says she’s ‘awestruck by the bravery’ of Harvey Weinstein’s sex abuse accusers
Streep, Lawrence owed over $100K by Weinstein company have 335 words, post on morungexpress.com at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.