Democracy Dies in Darkness Sections Home Try 1 month for $1 Username Sign In Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Subscribe Account Profile Newsletters & Alerts Gift Subscriptions Contact Us Help Desk Accessibility for screenreader BloombergGadfly Analysis Analysis Interpretation of the news based on evidence, including data, as well as anticipating how events might unfold based on past events Fresh fruit and vegetables sit in crates on display inside a J Sainsbury Plc supermarket in Redhill, U.K., on Tuesday, March 27, 2018. Mike Coupe, J Sainsbury chief executive officer, spoke of the importance of having a strong online presence and improving efficiency to compete with Amazon. (Bloomberg/Bloomberg) by Andrea Felsted and Chris Hughes | Bloomberg by Andrea Felsted and Chris Hughes | Bloomberg April 28 After Argosbury comes Sasda. J Sainsbury Plc said Saturday it is in advanced talks to combine with Walmart Inc.’s Asda. The risk is that the tieup ends up becoming a sad-sack version of the latter. There are some merits to this supermarket combination. Sainsbury is focused on the south of England, whereas Asda’s stronghold is the north. The combined group would match or exceed the buying power of Tesco Plc, which has just gobbled up Booker… Read full this story
- Sainsbury's-Asda merger blocked by regulator
- Britain's Sainsbury's warns of lower profit on inflation hit
- Warning issued to Britons who use cash in ASDA, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Lidl
- Asda promises to slash prices – see the full list of 100 food items dropping
- Asda introduces new price match promise with surprising high street bargain store
- 'I saved £86 by buying yellow-sticker food from Asda, Sainsbury's and Tesco'
- Cheapest supermarket to buy 15 essential items from this weekend – and you could save £424 a year by switching stores
- How much Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi, Asda and Morrisons pay staff as we rank supermarket wages
- Nine ways to save hundreds on your food shop as Asda boss warns of more price rises
- Aldi, Lidl, Asda and Tesco insiders share supermarket own-brand ‘secrets’ with MoneySavingExpert
Sainsbury Can Buy Asda. That Doesn’t Mean It Should: Gadfly have 324 words, post on www.washingtonpost.com at April 28, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.