Rating: four and a half stars (4.5 out of 5) Director: Paul Williams (documentary debut) Starring: Gurrumul Yunupingu. From a quiet, dark place came a sound of many colours Moving, mesmerising and genuinely from the heart, the extraordinary new Australian documentary holds a mirror to the unique life and music of the late indigenous singer-songwriter Gurrumul Yunupingu. Gurrumul Yunupingu.Source:Supplied (The subject, a blind Yolngu man from Elcho Island up Arnhem Land way, signed off on the final cut days before his recent sad passing at age 46. Tribal elders have allowed its release to honour his legacy, a rare exception from Yolngu lore regarding mentions and depictions of the dead.) In his brief career, the enigmatic Gurrumul crafted a refined body of work that conveys emotions, feelings and spirits that are difficult to put into words. Hear his voice for the first time, one of his aunts says, “ and already the song has told you who he is in the world.” As for any on-the-spot decoding of the achingly beautiful and evocative mystique of his sound, Gurrumul would not have a bar of it. Media interviews, photo opportunities, TV appearances, live tour offers both here and overseas – all… Read full this story
- Cheryl baffles fans with new look as she sports green eyes on The Greatest Dancer
- Susan Lucci recalls her ‘widow-maker’ heart attack scare: ‘I probably wouldn’t have gotten up’
- Trance Movie Review: Fahadh Faasil Is The Heart & Soul Of This Gutsy Film!
- The Commentary Social House Is Now Open In The Heart Of Ballston
- Review: John Moreland goes deep in ways few songwriters can
- Review of 'Godspell' by Sacred Heart University TAP
- Jaybird Reign fitness tracker review: Keeping you honest with heart rate variability
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: The weird and wonderful foldable
- Who is Novak Djokovic’s wife Jelena, and how many children does Australian Open 2020 tennis finalist have with her?
- Review: Disney’s ‘Wrinkle’ is a cluttered, dizzying jumble
REVIEW: Gurrumul opens your eyes, ears and heart to the greatest Australian songwriter you (probably) never knew have 326 words, post on www.news.com.au at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.