DESPITE feeling the effects of the extreme weather in Scotland this week, Glasgow’s film festival has recorded a record year. Admissions to the festival for the first seven days of the Glasgow Film Festival are up 9% on last year, organisers said. The festival’s opening weekend saw Karen Gillan, David Tennant, Lynne Ramsay and Imogen Poots on the festival’s red carpet. Loading article content On Saturday 24 February, Glasgow Film Theatre (GFT) registered 2,276 admissions, a new single day record for the venue. Despite one afternoon and evening of cancellations due to the snow, the festival continued to the weekend. Allison Gardner, the Glasgow Film Festival Co-director said: “We have had the most wonderful time at GFF18, from our stunning stop animation Opening with the UK Premiere of Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs through to our closing weekend featuring two World Premieres of Scottish films – Super November and Nae Pasaran. “Despite the best efforts of the Beast from the East, our fantastic team here pulled together and achieved the herculean task of ‘the show must go on’. Before the storm GFF18 was 9% ahead of GFF17”. The festival closed with the World Premiere of Felipe Bustos Sierra’s documentary Nae… Read full this story
- Cannes Film Festival Postponed Due To Coronavirus Impact
- New York Film Festival Organizers Optimistic September Event Will Go Ahead
- Meet the 19-Year-Old Wunderkind Director Stunning the Tribeca Film Festival
- TCM Reinvents Its Canceled Live Classic Film Festival Tonight As Judy Garland’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Kicks Off A Virtual Weekend
- Notes from the Berlin Film Festival: Four nights at the movies
- Jimmy Carter, Sean Penn, David Bowie Projects Look For Theatrical Life Beyond Canceled Tribeca Film Festival World Premieres
- Nespresso Celebrates the Tribeca Film Festival a Long Way From Manhattan
- Sarajevo Film Festival Still On Course For August Bow: Coronavirus
- What’s The Latest On The Venice, Toronto, Telluride, Locarno & Karlovy Vary Film Festivals Amid The Pandemic?
- Still Alice – review: an effortlessly excellent film about a difficult subject
Record year for Glasgow Film Festival as it defies 'Beast from the East' have 325 words, post on www.heraldscotland.com at April 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.