Now Nottingham Forest can start planning for next season, Aitor Karanka might be tempted to mix up his team a little bit.
But if it were me, I wouldn’t change too much.
I’m not a big believer in rotation. For me, I think it can be disruptive and if Forest are starting to do some planning and preparation for next season, making lots of changes isn’t going to help.
Everyone likes to see players being given a chance, but it can put pressure on you if you’re only coming in for one or two games.
And it should also be about what people show in training as well, not just in matches. I’m sure the manager will be looking at that when he’s making up his mind about people’s futures.
I’d definitely try to keep the defence the same – that back four has been doing well, so why change it?
I’d still have Costel Pantilimon in goal, too.
I know we haven’t seen Stefanos Kapino play yet, but it sounds like Pantilimon wants to come back to Forest, so hopefully they can get something sorted there.
He’s got a wealth of experience and has done well since coming into the team. It gives you confidence, as a centre-half, having someone like him behind you.
I was lucky enough to play with some fantastic goalkeepers in my career and I can tell you, it makes such a difference.
Kapino may have to be patient and wait a little while longer to get his chance.
- Record heatwave shows world can't wait any longer, UN
- Should the Scots have to wait even longer?
- Five-star Town turn on the style in super second half showing
- Elderly face longer waits for social care
- Newport 'cannot wait longer' for M4 upgrade
- Maximising of shareholder value no longer a firm’s main goal
- Leicester vs Chelsea live score and goal updates
- Why Trevor Birch's difficult transfer job just got a bit easier
- Commission could stay in place past October, says Oettinger
- Family stayed in Costco so long they were FINED