The event, hosted by the municipal People’s Committee, is to mark Vietnam’s 43rd Reunification Day (April 30) and the third founding anniversary of the ASEAN Economic Community.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Vice Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Le Thanh Liem said over the past 50 years, ASEAN has become a unified community with a common vision and identity.
Easier flow of traffic and frequent economic and cultural activities between members with a population of nearly 630 million people have brought the countries closer, he added.
The exchange programme offers opportunities for people in ASEAN to introduce their cultural and historical values to international friends, bolstering mutual understanding and solidarity and contributing to a sustainable, self-strengthening and dynamic ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community.
The official voiced his hope that through the event, ASEAN businesses will seek more cooperation and optimise economic benefits brought by the ASEAN Community. He also encouraged ASEAN firms to join hands to create made-in ASEAN products.
The programme, which runs until April 22, includes a fair with more than 110 trade pavilions and some 40 cuisine pavilions.
Art, martial arts, folk games and sport performances are also being held during the event, together with the screening of clips promoting tourism of participating countries and products of enterprises.
- Officials highlight HCM City’s respect for relations with Vientiane
- HCM City authorities work extra hours to carry out admin tasks
- Outstanding blood donors honoured in HCM City
- HCM City, Laos’ Vientiane step up cooperation
- A creative summer camp for children in HCM City
- Classes Duo: Cross-Cultural Exchange with Paris & Knoxville School Children
- Volkswagen UK to host UK Automotive 30% Club event
- First Lady Michelle Obama to Host 2016 College Signing Day Event in NY
- VeteranGamer.net to Host The Division 2 Stream Event to Send Care Packages to Military Personnel
- TONIGHT! VeteranGamer.net to Host The Division 2 Stream Event to Send Care Packages to Military Personnel