An environmental group wants to carve President Trump’s face into an arctic iceberg for one special purpose: To prove climate change is happening. “Project Trumpmore,” a Finnish non-governmental organization, aims to raise about $500,000 to build a 115-foot monument dedicated to Mr. Trump. Nicholas Prieto, chairman of the association “Melting Ice,” which is behind Project Trumpmore, said the idea is a tangible attempt to show Mr. Trump and others who don’t believe climate change is a “real issue.” “Global warming is one of the most important issues and topics of today,” Prieto said in a statement. “We want to build the monument for all of us, so we can see how long the sculpture lasts before melting. There are still people who ponder whether it’s a real issue. Often people only believe something when they see it with their own eyes.” If successful, the group says they will install a camera at the site to livestream the sculpture as it melts. During his presidency, Mr. Trump has rejected the existence of human-made climate change, once saying without evidence that it was fabricated by China to make U.S. manufacturing “noncompetitve.” Last year, he withdrew the U.S. out of the 2015 Paris… Read full this story
- 'The house is still on fire': Thunberg says planting trees is not enough to stop climate change
- How one group of polar predators is bearing up nicely in the face of climate change
- Global satellite data shows how much every glacier on Earth is melting due to climate change
- Glacier becomes first in the world to ‘die’ because of climate change
- Climate change is already causing damage. How can Canada deal with it now?
- California Governor Newsom and Michael Bloomberg announce plan to use satellite to track climate change
- AU summit grapples with coups, food crisis, terrorism, climate change
- 'You can't cherry-pick data!' GB News panel erupts into heated climate change clash
- ‘Climate change is the most important story of our lives’
- The Democrats Really Are That Dense About Climate Change
Group wants to carve Trump's face into a glacier to prove climate change exists have 333 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at April 30, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.