In 1958, NASA was formed from the bones of its predecessor, the US National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. It was also the first time the US began actively recruiting astronauts. As you can imagine, they needed some truly stellar candidates to send as pioneers to the heavens, and they had a pretty strict set of tests to do this. NASA picked 508 military candidates that year, of which only 31 were selected for further testing at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. Of these, only seven eventually made it through. What went on in between was a series of rigorous psychological, intellectual, and physical tests, some of the most demanding in modern history. These included 12 high-level intellectual and psychological tests, five of which you can take right here. Spatial visualization This focuses on a pilot’s awareness of their surroundings, and whether they’d be able to maintain their orientation in midair. This was obviously especially important in space, where there is no “down”. Take the test Mechanical comprehension This measures a pilot’s grasp of basic physics, especially as it applies to real-world scenarios. Take the test Hidden figures This is actually an adaptation of a test by German psychologist… Read full this story
- 2019 Mini Cooper S 60 Years review
- Survey: Nearly 80% Trust Google As Much Or More Than A Year Ago
- The anti-lock braking system debuted 40 years ago with the S-Class
- Toyota Says Supra Development Team Stopped Talking to BMW Years Ago, Hasn't Ruled Out Manual
- Taste Test: Banana Split Creme Oreos and Banana Twinkies
- Mars attracts: the cosy relationship between Nasa and Hollywood
- Meet the first astronauts to fly the new SpaceX and Boeing spaceships
- NASA Relaunches Astronaut Jim Lovell To 'Finish The Job'
- NASA’s Mini Fission Reactor Could Help Humans Survive on Mars, and It Just Cleared Early Tests
- NASA Designs Suit Capable Of Protecting Humans Hoping To One Day Live On Earth
Can You Crack This Test Used By NASA To Recruit The 1st Astronauts More Than 60 Years Ago? have 306 words, post on www.indiatimes.com at April 23, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.