The Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC) Women’s Beach Volleyball Championship will kick off in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho on April 20 with the competition of 36 players of 18 teams from 10 countries and territories, announced the organising board at a press conference on April 17.
Cups for top teams of AVC Women’s Beach Volleyball Championship
The host country of Vietnam will send three teams to the four-day event, while Australia, Hong Kong (China), Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand and Thailand will have two teams each, and Kazakhstan, Singapore and Malaysia to send one team each.
Total prize money of the tournament is 12,000 USD, with the winner pocketing 2,600 USD, the runner-up receiving 2,000 USD and the third one bagging 1,600 USD.
Pham Van Luan, Vice Director of the Can Tho Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism and deputy head of the organising board, said that the AVC Women’s Beach Volleyball Championship is part of point-scoring system for players.
The annual event is also a chance for the teams to exchange and improved their skills, he added.-VNA
- Female spectators denied entry to beach volleyball in Iran
- Seixas and Bednarczuk win first beach volleyball world title
- Penn State repeats as women’s volleyball champs
- Olympic beach volleyball champion Julius Brink retires
- In Year 2, bigger beach volleyball fest, and Rude
- USA Volleyball opens training facility for beach volleyball
- World Series of Beach Volleyball returns to California
- Olympic beach volleyball champ may need shoulder surgery
- Olympic beach volleyball champ Walsh Jennings may need shoulder surgery
- Kerri Walsh Jennings earns her 122nd beach volleyball tourney title