On April 23, 2018, shortly after 1 p.m., it began here, on the southwest corner of Yonge and Finch, when a white van coming through the intersection mounted the curb and began running down pedestrians. One week later, more or less to the minute, there are a few bouquets of flowers on the curb near a hydro pole, near chalk marks proclaiming "Love to all," and there is a white van coming through the intersection. But now is not then. The van proceeds along the road normally, amid the other three full lanes of southbound traffic, while dozens of pedestrians flood into the crossing. People in suits, striding purposefully; joggers bouncing and huffing; an older woman with a cane. Black and white and Persian and Korean they come, not to mark the occasion of death, but to get where they are going — to pick up bulgogi from a nearby street cart, or fill a prescription at the Shoppers Drug Mart, or to make it to an appointment with the dentist whose office sits under the image of a broad smile just down the block. Across the street in an open front garden space in front of an apartment building,… Read full this story
- Cross Culture: Zydeco Capital Jam returns to St. Landry Parish after almost a decade
- The Latest: Faithful return to St. Peter's Square
- Kim Pegula to AP: Botterill returning as Sabres’ GM
- Kim Pegula: Jason Botterill returning as Sabres’ GM
- What You Didn't Know About the Still Shocking Story of John and Lorena Bobbitt
- Prince Charles throws his support behind a virtual book of remembrance for Covid-19 victims to 'help us remember, not just to recall our loss and sorrow'
- St John Paul II honored as Poland sees new abuse allegations
- Jeffrey Epstein Accusers Tell Their Story in Netflix's
- Revisiting the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens
- Return to play or not? A thorny question for youth sports
As life returns to Yonge St., the stories of the victims remain have 310 words, post on www.thestar.com at April 30, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.