Imogen Neale 15:42, April 22 2018 An Auckland artist has been ordered to pay court costs to a law firm he accused of dishonesty during a stoush over his late mother’s will. Mark Sandman, a painter and sculptor, took the law firm Wilson McKay to court after his mother Elizabeth Sandman changed her will to prevent him from inheriting the entirety of her estate. A Court of Appeal judgment, released on Friday, said Sandman had lived in his mother’s central Auckland apartment rent-free for the past 20 years. He had also received a weekly allowance from her and she had covered his “out of pocket expenses”, including medical and dental bills, while her son “attempted to establish himself as an artist”, the documents said. In a will drawn up in 2005, Elizabeth Sandman left her estate to Mark and his sister Victoria equally. Victoria was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2010, and later that year Elizabeth Sandman instructed the law firm Wilson McKay to prepare a new will, the judgment said. Advertisement It stated if Victoria died before her, other relatives would inherit her half of the estate, rather than her son inheriting it in its entirety. A statement outlining her reasons for changing… Read full this story
- Divorcee sues top law firm after taking out 'crippling' loan to pay for legal fight with husband
- Reverting to his usual level of dishonesty, Trump made 81 false claims last week
- David Carlson acquitted six years after shooting accused rapist dead
- Briton accused of kidnapping missing Latvian waitress insists she got into his car 'willingly' after they met in Costa del Sol club as he and another British man appear in Spanish court
- The team who will make Meghan Markle millions: Lawyers, web experts and a ruthless Hollywood PR machine who are set to orchestrate the future of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex
- Harvey Weinstein’s lawyer asks court to consider 'if a person could have sex for reasons other than love' and judge warns court 'this is not a referendum on the #MeToo movement' as seven jurors are finally selected and Gigi Hadid is dismissed
- Three immigration judges and five lawyers 'scammed taxpayer out of up to £12.6m in fake legal aid payments linked to restaurant boss defendants convicted for hiring illegal workers'
- EXCLUSIVE: Bill Cosby's ex lawyer Monique Pressley has been suspended indefinitely for 'disability' after she faced disbarment amid claims she misappropriated funds for personal use and transferred thousands into husband's overdrawn account
- 'You're obstructing me!' Bondi hoarders wreak havoc in court after refusing to pay fines for rubbish outside their $2million home that were issued FOUR YEARS ago
- Estranged husband, his ex-girlfriend and his lawyer accused in missing Connecticut mom's death
Artist in stoush over mother's will ordered to pay after accusing lawyers of dishonesty have 441 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at April 22, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.