President Donald Trump appointed John Bolton, the former US ambassador to the United Nations, as his new national security adviser. The news sent tremors through the national security establishment, which is largely critical of Bolton. But former Vice President Joe Biden once said that people fear Bolton not because of his views, but because of his effectiveness. President Donald Trump’s decision on Thursday to appoint former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton to the position of national security adviser has alarmed much of the national security establishment. Bolton is a well-known conservative hawk who in recent years has railed against the US’s Iran strategy, advocated for a preemptive strike on North Korea, and repeatedly defended the Bush administration’s decision to invade Iraq. Bolton will be replacing Trump’s previous national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, who resigned on Thursday after weeks of rumors about his looming departure. But according to former Vice President Joe Biden, the real reason so many people fear Bolton isn’t just his foreign policy goals – it’s his ability to achieve them. In Bolton’s 2007 book, “Surrender is Not an Option: Defending America at the United Nations,” he described Biden’s reaction to his 2005 confirmation hearing for the UN… Read full this story
- Democrats see John Bolton as potential star witness
- ‘Credit Card Joe’: Biden Sided with Top Donor to Make Bankruptcy Harder
- John Legend Accuses Joe Biden Of Trying To Impress The Media While Republican's Play To Win
- Joe Biden Launches 2020 Presidential Campaign On Lie About Trump And Charlottesville
- Vote: Which Shampoo should Joe Biden Sniff Next?
- Questions About Joe Biden’s Mental Fitness Creep Into Mainstream
- Joe Biden’s Fundraising In First 24 Hours Beat Elizabeth Warren’s First Quarter — She’s Using That To Raise More
- Despite Apology, Joe Biden Doesn’t Think He Mistreated Anita Hill
- Kellyanne Conway Fires Back: ‘Give Me A Break, We Don’t Need Ukraine To Help Beat Joe Biden’
- Here Are Some Of 2020 Presidential Candidate Joe Biden’s Greatest Gaffes
Joe Biden once summed up why people are so terrified of John Bolton have 329 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at March 23, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.