By Alexandra Olson The Associated Press Michael Sisak Wed., March 7, 2018 NEW YORK — A group of investors pulled out of a deal to buy the beleaguered Weinstein Co. on Tuesday after discovering tens of millions of dollars in undisclosed debt, according to people familiar with the negotiations. Businesswoman Maria Contreras-Sweet, who has been leading the group of buyers along with billionaire investor Ron Burkle, said in a statement that “disappointing information about the viability of completing this transaction” had led her to call off the sale. She didn’t offer further details. But two people familiar with the proceedings said the buyers came across documents showing liabilities beyond the $225 million (U.S.) the buyers had been prepared to take on. One of the people said the documents showed $64 million in additional debt. Both people spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to discuss private negotiations publicly. The Weinstein Co., which has produced and distributed Oscar winners such as The King’s Speech and Silver Linings Playbook, has been trying to stave off bankruptcy since sexual assault and harassment allegations emerged last fall against its co-founder, the Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. Contreras-Sweet’s buyout offer had presented the best… Read full this story
- Hedge funds buy up Sainsbury’s debt swaps on takeover hopes
- AT&T Exploring Combination Of Media Assets With Discovery
- Harvey Weinstein's net worth means the disgraced Hollywood producer doesn't really need a new job
- OYO raises $660 million in debt to revive from pandemic blows
- Project Runway will return to Bravo in wake of Weinstein Co. sale
- Investor who saved Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch to rescue The Weinstein Company
- An Alternate Reality for the WarnerMedia Deal
- SEBI's AT1 bonds' rule resolved: Should you hold or sell your debt funds?
- Not fundamentals or global liquidity, retail investors driving market now: Samir Arora
- Know why you should start SIP in Debt Funds
Investors cancel deal to buy Weinstein Co. after discovery of undisclosed debt have 307 words, post on www.thestar.com at March 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.