CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Rev. Billy Graham’s children remembered “America’s Pastor” on Friday as a man devoted to spreading the Gospel, living his life at home as he preached it in stadiums, with a personable humility and an unwavering focus on the Bible. As his oldest son told the funeral congregation, “There weren’t two Billy Grahams.” His adult children — all speakers or preachers in their own right — recalled being taught by their parents how to read Scripture aloud and deliver sermons, but also taking quiet walks with their father and feeling his embrace even when they made mistakes. ADVERTISEMENT Franklin Graham, who delivered the main funeral message, said all of those qualities were part of the whole. “The Billy Graham that the world saw on television, the Billy Graham that the world saw in the big stadiums, was the same Billy Graham that we saw at home. There weren’t two Billy Grahams,” he said. “He loved his family. He stood by us. He comforted us.” Franklin Graham’s funeral message, which included a Gospel call to repentance and salvation, followed shorter remarks by his siblings in a service that lasted just over an hour before an invitation-only crowd… Read full this story
- How Franklin Graham pushed a domestic abuse victim to return to her husband
- Rugby legend Va'aiga Tuigamala was on a 'life-changing crusade'
- Pastor Greg Laurie details how John Lennon found God — and why it matters today
- Senators say gun deal is within reach, but without Biden's wish list
- Bruce Kent, Catholic priest and energetic leader of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament – obituary
- Gun Control After Texas School Massacre: Evers Speaks In Uvalde's Wake
- Opinion: How Britain fell out of love with Boris Johnson
Billy Graham funeral: Evangelist’s children carry on crusade have 284 words, post on apnews.com at March 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.