PUBLISHED: 16:37 27 February 2018 | UPDATED: 16:37 27 February 2018 Jon King Michael Joseph. Picture: MO RESSLER Archant The owner of an independent bookshop is bowing out after 25 years of inspiring customers with a love of art, literature and food. Michael Joseph gave up a career in law and role at publishing firm Penguin to open Joseph’s Bookstore in Temple Fortune in 1994. His original ambition was to combine world literature and Jewish culture in one shop, but over the year the store has branched out putting on art exhibitions, events and opening a restaurant next door. Mr Joseph said: “It’s obviously going to be a wrench to leave something you’ve loved and spend a lot of time doing over 25 years. It’s going to be a slightly strange experience to not have the shop anymore. “I will feel very happy that I did it, but sad I won’t be coming in again on a Monday and Tuesday morning with all the joy and aggravation the goes with running a bookshop,” he added. Over the years scores of writers, artists and scientists have appeared at the Finchley Road store including Israeli writer Amos Oz and Canadian author Michael… Read full this story
- Communities Work to Build Understanding 25 Years After LA Riots
- 25 Years After LA Riots, Koreatown Finds Strength in 'Saigu' Legacy
- For 25 years, wreckage of vessel rests on Vizhinjam seabed
- Israelis and Palestinians lament Oslo Accord deadlock, 25 years on
- From a billionaire business owner to disgraced pedophile: Jeffrey Epstein boasted friends in very high places - but his sex crimes sparked a spectacular fall from grace
- 24 hrs, 3 temples: Mukesh Ambani offers wedding invite at Tirupati, Guruvayoor, a fortnight before Isha-Anand nuptials
- Man who claims to be Mughal descendant offers gold brick for Ram temple
- A Home Owners Association Tong War
- 'Ram Temple NOT demolished by Babur, but Aurangzeb'
- Downtown Houston a popular spot for Fortune 500 companies
Temple Fortune bookshop owner bows out after 25 years have 306 words, post on www.hamhigh.co.uk at February 27, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.