The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has not discussed nominating the unified Korean hockey team for the Nobel peace prize, the body’s spokesman said on Tuesday after an IOC member said she had received support for the idea. “From an IOC administrative level there’s been no consideration whatsoever of this,” spokesman Mark Adams said. Angela Ruggiero, an American IOC executive member and former Olympic hockey gold medalist, had said other IOC members voiced support for the idea after she suggested it. “We should recognize them [the unified hockey team] in some capacity. Whether it’s the Nobel peace prize or something else … it deserves some sort of recognition,” she said. Read more: Historic handshake marks Korean unity at Olympic Opening Ceremony ‘Peace Olympics’ North and South Korean players have been playing in a unified Korean hockey team at this year’s Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. The historic decision was part of a broader effort by Seoul and Pyongyang to improve ties following heightened tensions in the wake of North Korea’s ballistic missile and nuclear weapons tests at the end of 2017. On Monday, the sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Kim Yo Jong, met South Korean President Moon Jae In… Read full this story
- Nobel peace prize nomination for schools breaking Northern Ireland’s barriers
- Kim 'Febby' Yongmin Joins The Korean StarTale Team
- Korean Overwatch team claims they were forced to sleep 10 to a room after 16-hour days
- William 'Blitz' Lee leaves Korean Dota team fOu
- Stay on the path to peace, Clinton tells Derry rally
- When did Marie Curie die, how many times did she win the Nobel prize and who were her children?
- Football Manger developer SI have big ambitions for Eastside Hockey Manager
- This arcade hockey game is going back to the violent 1970s
- NHL Eastside Hockey Manager Hands-On Impressions
- Premature Evaluation: Eastside Hockey Manager
Nobel Peace Prize for Korean hockey team? have 313 words, post on www.dw.com at February 13, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.