Duterte led the destruction of some 29 seized luxury vehicles worth about $1.2 million, including high-end models such as the Lexus ES300, BMW Alpina, BMW Z4 and Audi A6 Quattro. The cars were bulldozed at three of the country's ports: in Manila, Davao and Cebu. READ MORE: Duterte Mocks Daesh Martyrs: 'I'd Rather Have Virgins Here, Not in Heaven' The Philippine president witnessed the majority of vehicles being smashed at the Bureau of Customs (BOC) in Manila as part of the ceremonial condemnation. Last week, Duterte announced a new policy on smuggled luxury vehicles while delivering a speech before indigenous people in Davao City. LOOK: Smuggled luxury cars worth P61 million destroyed at the Port of Manila @ABSCBNNews pic.twitter.com/xYLSvMfXdb — Dharel Placido (@dgplacido) 6 февраля 2018 г. "The President has already decided to send a message to smugglers that their happy days are over, we will bulldoze those cars," presidential spokesman Harry Roque confirmed. The Manila Bulletin reported that on November, 2017, the BOC confiscated P24.3 million ($472,149) worth of used luxury cars, including two Lamborghinis and a Ferrari, and overweight steel products at the Manila International Container Port (MICP) from Australia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and China.
- How to send disappearing messages on Signal
- What would Chad say? Bachelor in Paradise bad boy Ciarran Stott is busted sending a flirty message to Big Brother's Sophie Budack
- Five Reasons Why Patriots’ Penalty For Bengals Video Incident Is Completely Ridiculous
- Four people smugglers who killed 39 Vietnamese migrants found dead in the back of a lorry in Essex are jailed for 78 years in total
- The inspiring story behind this photo: Brave mum of boys, 6 and 7, 'killed by a young unlicensed driver' stuns friend with a beautiful request after waking from a coma and learning of their deaths
- EXCLUSIVE: 'S**t's getting weird.' Shocking videos show an 'out of it' Armie Hammer drinking beer behind the wheel and licking white crystals off friend's hand, as sources tell of his downward spiral into drugs and depravity
- We can vaccinate ALL teachers, say schools: Heads send Boris a plan for huge seven-day operation to inoculate one million staff during February half term to get schools open within a few weeks
- Video of woman being 'arrested for sitting on a bench' was 'STAGE-MANAGED by anti-lockdown protesters', Dorset Police claim
- WeChat ban on hold for now, but you can still try these messaging app alternatives
- Open source will let your fridge send messages to your TV and phone
Duterte Sends Demolishing Message to Car Smugglers (VIDEO, PHOTO) have 406 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 6, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.