Tom Petty died last year because of an accidental drug overdose that his family said occurred on the same day he found out his hip was broken after performing dozens of shows with a less serious injury. His wife and daughter released the results of Petty’s autopsy via a statement Friday on his Facebook page, moments before coroner’s officials in Los Angeles released their findings and the rocker’s full autopsy report. Dana and Adria Petty say they got the results from the coroner’s office earlier in the day that the overdose was due to a variety of medications. The coroner’s findings showed Petty had a mix of prescription painkillers, sedatives and an antidepressant. Among the medications found in his system were fentanyl and oxycodone. An accidental overdose of fentanyl was also determined to have killed Prince in April 2016. Petty suffered from emphysema, a fractured hip and knee problems that caused him pain, the family said, but he was still committed to touring. He had just wrapped up a tour a few days before he died in October at age 66. “On the day he died he was informed his hip had graduated to a full on break and it… Read full this story
- Inmate dies of suspected overdose at Wheatfield Prison
- Girl, 17, dies of suspected drug overdose at Leeds Festival
- Fatal drug overdoses drop in US for first time in decades
- Secure unit patient's drug overdose 'accidental'
- Drug overdose kills 'kind and loving' young Derby dad-of-three
- Girl, 17, dies at Leeds Festival after 'drugs overdose'
- Girl dies in suspected overdose at Leeds Festival
- Norwich woman died from painkiller overdose, inquest hears
- Clubber dies in suspected drug overdose
- Tragic mum Fiona Hughes died of heroin overdose in city flat
Tom Petty Died Due to Accidental Drug Overdose have 282 words, post on www.newsmax.com at January 19, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.