People smugglers who used a horse box to sneak “desperate” illegal migrants from Calais into the UK for cash have been jailed. The migrant-smuggling gang brought people across borders through Dover, before taking them to a ‘safe house’ in Wembley . Stephen Gardner, 31, originally from Beccles in Suffolk but living in Spain, used his international horse transportation business as a cover for the venture, hiding at least three people in his vehicle and bringing them into the UK from France on May 21 2016. He was moving four horses from Europe to the UK at the same time. Read More Immigration in the news The people smuggling attempt was organised by Saleh Khaled Farhan, 44, a UK citizen of Kuwaiti origin living in Blackburn. The pair is now behind bars after an investigation by the National Crime Agency (NCA), which found that Farhan had arranged for Gardner to collect the men in Marck, near Calais. Farhan was sentenced to three years and seven months in prison while Gardner was given a three-year jail term on Friday (January 19) at Birmingham Crown Court . Both men had previously pleaded guilty to conspiring to facilitate illegal immigration. They planned to bring… Read full this story
- Traffickers Offering £300 Cut-Rate Christmas Prices for Illegal Migrants to Cross Channel
- Chilling pic shows desperate scratches of 39 Vietnamese migrants who died in lorry as smuggling gang made £1m a month
- Man who tried to smuggle migrants into UK under pile of tyres jailed for over four years
- Pictured: 'People-smuggling gang are caught on camera trafficking migrants into UK two weeks before 39 Vietnamese victims suffocated to death in lorry on same route'
- Bloody handprints on the door and scratches in the walls... desperate last struggle of 39 migrants who paid people traffickers thousands to get to Britain - but suffered agonising deaths in the back of a lorry in Essex
- 'Even when they died they were together': Heartbreaking story of couple who left their young children in Vietnam to set up new life in the UK - as heartbroken parents reveal pair were holding hands when they died in back of Essex lorry
- Army barracks will become UK’s first migrant camp after surge in Channel crossings
- Were the Paris killers on DRUGS? Footage from inside hotel room where they plotted mass murder shows SYRINGES lying among empty pizza boxes and chocolate
- Last moments of migrants in Essex lorry horror: Chilling photos show how 39 Vietnamese victims slashed air holes in trailer as floor plan reveals bodies piled up inside - after two men are convicted of their manslaughter in £1m people smuggling ring
- Toy stores urge government to 'save Christmas' and ease chaos at UK ports as they reveal thousands of gifts including dolls, Lego and puzzles won't arrive by December 25 and say delays have cost them millions
Pair plotted to bring illegal Calais migrants to UK in horse box have 454 words, post on www.getwestlondon.co.uk at January 21, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.