Donald Trump has cancelled his first visit to Britain as President – and he wants you to know why. The bellicose billionaire scrapped a trip to open the billion-dollar new US Embassy next month. Yet he insisted it wasn’t because he wants to avoid protesters. Instead he claimed it was all the fault of Barack Obama’s administration for selling the old embassy for “peanuts”, adding: “Bad deal!” There’s just one problem with that. The new embassy was announced and approved under the leadership of George W Bush, who just like Trump, was a Republican. The US State Department signed a conditional agreement with a construction firm for the site, near Vauxhall in south London, in October 2008 – three months before Barack Obama was sworn in. At the time Ambassador Robert Tuttle stressed it had already been a “long and careful process”, and the grand old embassy building in Mayfair would be offered for sale almost immediately. He added back in 2008: “We looked at all our options, including renovation of our current building on Grosvenor Square. “In the end, we realized that the goal of a modern, secure and environmentally sustainable Embassy could best be met by constructing a… Read full this story
- Donald Trump to Make Full State Visit to United Kingdom in June
- 'Where's England? You don't use it too much any more': Bizarre moment confused Donald Trump quizzed Boris Johnson about UK geography
- Trump's Fake News Offensive Is 'Very Close to Incitement to Violence,' Could See Journalists Hurt: Top U.N. Diplomat
- Donald Trump's presidential transition - live blog
- Donald Trump's divisive lawyer was once known as 'America's mayor'. What happened to Rudy Giuliani?
- Donald Trump says liberals want to change Thanksgiving's name, insists he's making 'everyone rich' and slams heart attack claims by bragging about his 'gorgeous chest' during wild Florida rally
- Donald Trump names the 'whistleblower' again but then DELETES the retweet containing anonymous CIA official's identity just days after sharing article that outed him
- Whistleblower fears for his life, say his lawyers as they point the finger at Donald Trump calling what he did 'treason' and hinting he deserved the death penalty
- Donald Trump trolls 'Fake News' Chris Cuomo with claims he has information and 'dishonest interviews' that could get him fired from CNN - and jokes 'he will always be Fredo to us'
- Donald Trump tweets image of himself as ROCKY after boasting that doctor performing his physical had said: 'Show me that gorgeous chest!'
Donald Trump's key claim about why he cancelled his UK visit exposed as fake news have 406 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 12, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.