COVERED in red-cyst-like spots, Carly Benson feared she had a bad case of acne.Her sister and two brothers were also prone to the lumps and bumps – Aaron her oldest brother, with more than 300 across his torso, legs and arms.But after Aaron, 34, decided to see a specialist in the hope of a treatment, the family were shocked to discover the truth – a potentially life-threatening condition.After ruling out thousands of possible skin conditions, his dermatologist sent the family for genetic tests.They revealed an abnormality that can cause a very rare and aggressive kidney cancer.And while none of the Bensons have developed the disease yet, they are on high alert for the signs it has struck.Carly, 38, told The Sun Online: “The lumps were so unusual, the doctor told us he had only come across them once before in his career.”But once was enough to give us the starting point we needed.”And while many would feel unlucky that their family all have the shadow cast over them, Carly said hers feel grateful.”I feel we’re fortunate, because now we know we have a potential problem, and we are all aware of what symptoms to look for.”So if anything does happen… Read full this story
- Bizarre rash on woman’s hand was rare warning sign of cancer, docs discover
- Fit and healthy newlywed nurse diagnosed with deadly cancer at just 26 – years after losing mum to the disease
- Mother who was told by doctors her vegetarian diet was triggering fainting fits is diagnosed with a rare form of pancreatic cancer
- I was branded a monster after cancer caused my nose to fall into my face – after brain tumour op
- I had to choose to abort my baby or die after cancer diagnosis while I was pregnant
- Hope for treating 'deadliest form of cancer' as scientists find drug combination 'can shrink pancreatic tumours'
- Boy, 13, died one day after being diagnosed with devastating blood cancer
- Woman's bizarre lump growing out of her belly button was cancer that had spread from her pelvis
- Toddler who caught deadly sepsis from chickenpox is now battling aggressive cancer
- Behind-the-Camera Brothers, Ranked
Brother and sister discover their ‘bad acne’ is actually rare early sign of deadly cancer have 350 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 4, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.