When historians look back on 2017 and try to describe the profound cultural upheaval that brought down Hollywood titans and powerful politicians, they’ll no doubt struggle to capture the ache and fury of women who spent their lives silenced by abusive men and finally decided they’d had enough. There’s no tidy or sober way to describe the rot that women knew festered in our social, professional, and political institutions — a decay that once couldn’t be named or fully exposed, until it was. SEE ALSO: 2017 was the year middle-aged women fought back When the accounts are written by those with more hindsight than we currently have, one man should play the starring role, and it’s not movie mogul Harvey Weinstein. It’s another master showman, the one we call president of the United States. The election of Donald Trump, who admitted to grabbing women’s genitals against their will, to the nation’s highest office confirmed what many women knew, and triggered a visceral awakening for others. Despite being well into the 21st century, America still clings to the notion that women are vessels whose bodies can be owned by men for pleasure. As it turns out, though, confronting that ugly… Read full this story
- Are You Curious About Government Grants For Women?
- Things That Grown Women Don't Wear
- Women and the Emotional Triggers of Credit Card Debt
- Fact Check: Kamala Says Trump ‘Sold Out Working People’ Despite Smashing Economic Records
- Shredded Trump documents and spy games: Ronan Farrow's biggest scoops
- Donald Trump Questions ‘Rumor’ of CNN’s Jeff Zucker Resigning
- Donald Trump Cheers on Sean Spicer in ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Contest
- Trump: ABC News Airing Fake Syria Bombing Video is a ‘Real Disgrace’
- Life Leader: President Trump Is ‘Delivering Substantial Pro-Life Victories’
- Donald Trump And Apprentice Out Of The Closet
Trump was a disaster for women in 2017. It may be his undoing. have 299 words, post on mashable.com at December 22, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.