In 2003, a young woman paid a call to Rita Allison, asking whether she might have a future in the Republican Party. The question, like the visitor, seemed to come out of nowhere. “Miss Rita,” as she was known around the South Carolina state capitol, was a platinum-haired southern lady, one of the few who had found political success in a state that at the time ranked dead last in the number of women serving in elected office. The young woman was familiar to her only as an employee of Exotica, a clothing boutique out in the suburbs of Columbia. “If you were looking for something very original or different,” Miss Rita recalled recently, “it was a nice shop for that.” Exotica was a family business. The young woman kept the books in the back office for her mother, Raj Randhawa, who ran the place. Her older sister, Simmi, worked on the sales floor, as did her husband, Michael Haley. Nikki Haley was 31 years old and the mother of two young children. She’d never been involved in student government or taken so much as a single political-science course at Clemson University, where she’d studied accounting. And yet she had… Read full this story
- Nikki Haley at TPUSA Event: Trump Right to Push Mexico ‘to a Place that’s Uncomfortable’
- UN Decision on Venezuela Proves Nikki Haley Right
- Record high number of foreign students find jobs in Japan after graduating
- Dumfries and Galloway housing deal 'promises hundreds of jobs'
- 'Will President Trump Replace Mike Pence With Nikki Haley Because He Refused to Insult Anthony Scaramucci?' and Other Questions You Hear Before You Die Instantly
- Monday's Best Deals: Instant Pot Smart, TRTL Travel Pillow, Halloween Candy, and More
- You and Your Wallet Can Both Rest Easy With This Discounted LectroFan
- Friday's Best Deals: Scrabble, Modern Love, Legendary Headphones, and More
- Thursday's Best Deals: GreenWorks Lawnmower, Sceptre 75" TV, Refurb Dysons, and More
- The Economic Times India dialogues: Gig economy not best model for job creation
For Nikki Haley, Dealing With Foreign Tyrants Is the Easy Part of the Job have 334 words, post on nymag.com at December 10, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.