- Budapest international book festival awards grand prize to Turkish writer Pamuk
- Decision No. 3911/QD-BVHTTDL on October 15: Introducing the Vietnamese film at the Imagineindia International Film Festival
- VN TV series wins Tokyo award
- Vietnam TV series wins Tokyo award
- Hollywood glamour in Tokyo for film festival
Hanoi (VNA) – Chieu Ngang Qua
Pho Cu (Walking on Old Street in the Afternoon) won an award for foreign dramas
at the 11th International Drama Festival in Tokyo, Japan.
Produced by the Vietnam Television Film
Centre, the soap opera, directed by Trinh Le Phong, was screened domestically
in late 2016. It depicts an extended family in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and the conflict
over financial interests that separates the family.
This year, the drama won the domestic Golden
Kite awards for best actress and best supporting role.
Meanwhile, Vietnamese actress Ninh Duong Lan
Ngoc was named Face of Asia at Marie Claire’s Asia Star Awards 2017 as part of
the Busan International Film Festival in Busan, the Republic of Korea. Ngoc was
honoured for her role in Co Ba Sai Gon (The Tailor), a romantic comedy produced
by movie star, director and producer Ngo Thanh Van.
The film is about Vietnamese women living in
Sai Gon (now Ho Chi Minh City) in the 1960s. It features the culture and
lifestyle of the locals and history of the ao dai (Vietnamese traditional long