Vientiane (VNA) – Hundreds of typical dishes ofASEAN and dialogue partner countries were offered at a food fair at theNational Cultural Hall of Laos in Vientiane on October 2.
The event was hosted by the Lao Ministry ofForeign Affairs to mark the grouping’s 50th founding anniversary and the20-year ASEAN membership of the country.
It saw the participation of the staff of theembassies of ASEAN and dialogue partner countries in Laos, internationalorganisations, and Vientiane people.
Minister to the Lao Prime Minister’s OfficeAlounkeo Kittikhoun said the fair was meant to serve as a chance for ASEANpeople and visitors to gain an insight into the culture and cuisine of the 10nations in the ASEAN Community, thereby enhancing the countries’ bonds andsolidarity – a critical factor amid numerous challenges in the region and theworld.
The booth of Vietnam was decorated with thenational flag and map, attracting a number of visitors who came to enjoyspecialties and publications introducing the country’s culture, land andpeople.
The food fair also featured singing and dancingperformances by the ASEAN embassies.-VNA
- Red River Rivalry: A tour of the fair’s new fried foods
- Italy’s Serie B to introduce green cards for fair play
- UEFA clear Liverpool of breaching Financial Fair Play rules; Monaco hit with probe
- U.S. national fistball team trains in small Wisconsin town, even if no one knows it
- Italy’s Serie B to introduce green cards; rewards given after season
- Selig eager to step aside as commissioner, introduce successor
- Rajon Rondo dishes 12 assists in return, leads Celtics past Nets
- Rio head vows to introduce viral testing in 2016 Olympic waters
- Padres introduce Upton, Myers, Norris, Middlebrooks
- Predators introducing stricter measures to limit ticket purchases by opposing fans