Mexico City (ACMC) recently paid a working trip to the central state of Queretaro
to learn about business opportunities between the two sides.
At a working session with Governor of Queretaro state
Francisco Dominguez Servien, Malaysian Ambassador Mohammad Azhar Mazlan, on
behalf of the committee, expressed his wish to bolster ties between ASEAN and
Mexico, and between ASEAN and Queretaro in particular in diverse areas,
especially in trade and investment.
Diplomat Doan Anh Tuan from the Vietnamese embassy in Mexico
highlighted huge potential of cooperation between Queretaro and Vietnamese
localities, especially in fields of Queretaro’s strength such as aviation,
technology, education and agriculture.
He wished that the host authorities would create favourable
conditions for Vietnamese farm produce, particularly rice and coffee.
Tuan expressed his belief that Mexican President Enrique
Pena Nieto’s attendance at the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation’s Economic
Leaders’ Meeting in the Vietnamese central city of Da Nang will further
strengthen friendship and bilateral collaboration.
Servien, for his part, pledged all possible support to ASEAN
enterprises and expressed readiness to cooperate with ASEAN’s localities in
investment, trade, agriculture, scientific research and training of technicians
and aviation engineers.
During their stay, the ACMC delegation held a working
session with Board of Directors of the Centre for Engineering and Industrial
Development under the National Council of Science and Technology and visited
Queretaro Aeronautics University.
Statistics showed that two-way trade between ASEAN and
Mexico soared 115 percent over the past decade and hit 20.2 billion USD in
- Asean is the fulcrum of a free and open Indo-Pacific
- Asean will not be put in position to pick between world powers: Ng Eng Hen
- Closer Jakarta ties vital
- Asean hails US-North Korea talks as ‘significant first step’
- If Trump wants to strengthen our security, he should bolster our economy, not impose tariffs
- Mexico Wages a Psychological Battle Against Its World Cup Demons
- Mexico jaguar population grows 20% in eight years
- Mexico stuns champion Germany 1-0 in World Cup opener
- Trump ties Republican midterm strategy to immigration, claims Mexico will pay for border wall
- Mexico Second Round Curse: Will El Tri Break Their World Cup Hoodoo Against Brazil?