VietNamNet Bridge – The National Inter-sector Steering Committee on Food Safety has established six inspection teams to monitor the quality of products to be sold at the Mid-Autumn Festival (Trung Thu).
Inspectors check moon cake quality at a shop. — VNA/VNS Photo
The festival, one of the largest to take place annually, is approaching, and the aim is to ensure public safety.
The teams will conduct inspection in 12 cities and provinces from September 11 to 30 at food manufacturing, processing and business facilities, especially those manufacturing and selling Mid-Autumn Festival products such as moon cakes, confectionary, beverages and meats.
Large manufacturing facilities, wholesale markets, supermarkets, and food importing facilities will be under the spotlight.
The teams include members of ministries of health, agriculture and rural development, industry and trade, and other units belonging to the National Inter-sector Steering Committee on Food Safety.
The inspection, according to the Food Safety Department under the Ministry of Health, aims to prevent fake, low-quality products or those of unknown origin from being sold at the market.
Inter-sector inspections teams at district and commune levels will conduct inspection at medium and small food stores.
The steering committee ordered inspection teams to impose strict penalties on offenders and asked them to stop operating their facilities until the violations were addressed.
Moon cake inspection is a regular activity conducted annually prior to the Mid-Autumn Festival which falls on October 4 this year.
Last year, 20 facilities were found violating food safety regulations in HCM City, a large moon cake consumption market.
- Burning Lanterns, BBQ and 7 Other Ways To Celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival
- Mid-Autumn festivities around the metro
- Mid-Autumn day at Café Uno
- ‘Tis the Mid-Autumn Moon festival again
- New BOC shipment inspection team formed
- We checked out a festival dedicated to fried food and whiskey — and it was a blast
- Tacloban ready for inspection teams for child-friendly award
- Good governance validation team checking on Davao
- Mooncake Festival
- Betsy Gazo: Celebrate the Mooncake Festival