NDO – The Prime Minister has entrusted the Dong Nai provincial People’s Committee to chair and work with the Ministry of Transport, and other relevant agencies, to design a pre-feasibility study report for the Long Thanh International Airport land clearance, compensation and resettlement project.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) is assigned to coordinate with the relevant units in examining the report in line with regulations, before reporting it to the PM, so that the Government may then submit the report to the 14th National Assembly (NA) at its upcoming fourth session.
Depending on their functions, tasks and jurisdictions, the relevant ministries and sectors are responsible for working in conjunction with the Dong Nai People’s Committee in order to promptly construct and finalise the contents of the project’s feasibility study report.
The Government leader has assigned the MPI, in collaboration with the Ministries of Finance and Transport, to balance and prepare the investment capital for the project, with the immediate task of transferring the NA-approved VND5 trillion (US$220 million) capital source to the Dong Nai People’s Committee, for them to manage and use in accordance with the law.
Concerning the selection of an advisory service for the compilation of the project’s feasibility study report, the PM agreed on the application in the form of selecting contractors in special cases, as stipulated in Article 26 of the Bidding Law 2013, to serve the implementation of consulting packages in making the report. The Dong Nai People’s Committee is responsible for organising the selection of contractors and has to take all responsibilities for any decisions made.
The Ministry of Construction is in charge of guiding the Dong Nai People’s Committee in examining and approving the project’s resettlement areas in line with the law.
Meanwhile, the PM requests that the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment urgently examine the policy framework concerning the compensation, support and resettlement work of the Long Thanh Airport project, and report the results to the PM prior to August 15, 2017.
- PM directs urgent measures to enhance scrap import management
- Dublin ranked number one large city in the world for foreign direct investment in new report
- Toyota Mirai FCV to be imported to India for feasibility study
- Deputy PM pays homage to Most Venerable Thich Thanh Sam
- PM orders sanctions against violations in Hanoi's urban railway project
- Cupertino's Carmen Road Pedestrian-Bicycle Bridge Feasibility Study
- Study reports link between digital devices and ADHD-like symptoms
- First-ever pre-storm study looks at climate change and Hurricane Florence
- Awesome Wisconsin sixth-grader studied beer for her science fair project
- Vietnam reports first billion-dollar FDI projects of 2018