Source: Bobex-73/Shutterstock A first date is an opportunity to enhance existing virtual attraction, in the case of online dating, or to explore “something more” with an existing offline acquaintance. Given the importance of maximizing first impressions, a first date should steer clear of some easy-to-manage chemistry roadblocks. These roadblocks are presented below as “zoning violations” to avoid. Each situation demonstrates partner unsuitability, because of how an inappropriate setting or insensitive behavior affects the other partner. Creating anxiety, discomfort, or insecurity is a surefire way to make your next date with someone your last. 1. Time Zone: Living in the Past Research by Marisa T. Cohen (2016) of 390 predominantly heterosexual participants who filled out a survey shed light on the perception of behavior on a first date.[i] Cohen found that women viewed a partner discussing past relationships with them as a sign of disinterest — which corroborates Cohen’s additional finding that women prefer date conversation to be focused on themselves. Reminiscing about past flames is a turnoff for men as well. A first date is not a rebound counseling session. Along the same lines, be concerned when a date makes a point of modeling the clothing, jewelry, or even electronic devices he or she received… Read full this story
- Jimmie Johnson mulls future in red-flagged farewell season
- Lockdown beyond April 14? Centre mulls extension after state governments, experts raise red flags
- Red, orange and green districts: Haryana unveils graded plan to restart economy
- Inside the corona green zones: The suburbs that are beating the killer virus and haven't seen a single case – and the 13 areas you NEED to avoid… so is your neighbourhood safe?
- Here's How To Avoid Scammers During Black Friday In Arlington
- COVID-19-branded racist vandalism appears as second Nazi flag pops up in regional Victoria
- The rhino's guard: Red-billed oxpeckers help wild black rhinos avoid poachers by sounding an alarm to potential danger
- Coronavirus red zones in Delhi expand to 49
- 3rd body found in Southern California fire zone
- The Guy I Was Dating Asked To Be My Boyfriend. Three Days Later, He Broke Up With Me
Danger Zones: 3 Red Flags to Avoid on a First Date have 340 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at August 5, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.