He may have found fame with the hit ’70s song I Hear You Knocking, but Dave Edmunds admits he never saw it coming when Bruce Springsteen unexpectedly jumped on stage at one of his gigs. The 73-year-old Cardiff rocker, who announced his retirement from showbiz last week, reveals how, back in the early ’80s, The Boss turned up “unannounced and alone, but for his Fender Esquire” at his concert at Manhattan’s Peppermint Lounge. “He waited patiently in the dressing room until the end of my set, and then – the audience knew something was cooking – he sauntered on stage and we played a load of Chuck Berry songs.” Edmunds added that the set finished with the pair performing From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come), a song which Springsteen had penned and donated to Edmunds six months earlier in London. It had been the Fourth of July and Bruce was playing a sold-out gig at Wembley Stadium and Edmunds had decided to go along with Roger Scott, a DJ friend of his. “I wasn’t on the guest list or anything, but, shuffling our way towards the exit after the show amongst thousands of exhausted Bruce-worshippers, I felt a… Read full this story
- 'I'm throwing in the shoes': David Lee Roth, 66, is to RETIRE from rock and roll after 50 year career and disbandment of Van Halen
- A Panel of Dads Reviews Bob Dylan's 'Shadows in the Night'
- Saturday Night Live recap: Kristen Wiig / Dua Lipa
- 30 Rock: “The Break-Up”/“The Baby Show”
- Has skewering Trump made Saturday Night Live great again?
- Tom Jones: Welsh singer was best mates with THIS rock n roll legend
- Kiss legend Ace Frehley is exploring his musical origins with his new covers record
- Queen's Brian May will rock you with a 3-D book, Adam Lambert tour, astrophysics and animal rescue
- Psychedelic rock era opens with gig at Wild West saloon
- Kim Kardashian West breathes life into 'Saturday Night Live'
The night Springsteen jumped on stage to surprise a rock legend have 318 words, post on www.walesonline.co.uk at July 29, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.