My last column before three Mondays off—you will love the substitutes, so come back on June 26, July 3 and July 10 for great prose and information. Today is a surprising hodgepodge, followed by my annual section of commencement speeches from campuses around the country. (Theo Epstein had a gem at Yale.) Enjoy the column.* * * Look at this photo. Tom West, the longtime Vikings PR man, took it the other day in fellow PR man Bob Hagan’s office at the Vikings’ headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minn.It’s beautiful. Hartman, 97, the longtime Minnesota columnist and radio host who is still working every week, is on the left, interviewing Moss, 40, who was in town to be told his number was being retired, and he would be enshrined in the team’s Ring of Honor. The two have had an interesting relationship. When Moss was under fire as a Viking for playing hard when he felt like it, Hartman interviewed him, and Moss famously said, “I play when I want to play.” They clashed over that, though all Hartman was doing was quoting (and in effect excoriating) the best receiver in the game.I talked to Moss about the photo, and asked him about the meaning of his meeting… Read full this story
- Sheriff Clarke Blasts Obama's 'Insulting' Commencement Speech
- Randy Reyes graduates from High School of Graphic Communication Arts, overcoming 20 years of adversity
- Read the full text of Mark Zuckerberg's Harvard graduation speech
- Mayor Bloomberg gives commencement address at UNC-Chapel Hill, defends gay marriage and raves about smartphones
- Wayne student at center of Fordham free-speech battle
- Facebook's Sandberg brings Lean In to younger women
- NFL commish Roger Goodell steps in with a 5-game ban of Terrelle Pryor, but he shouldn't stop there
- GOP front-runner Ben Carson still thinks Egypt’s pyramids were built by Joseph to store grains (VIDEO)
- Is chronic sleep deprivation impairing President Trump's brain, performance?
- NY Giants NFC Championship rewind: Kerry Collins throws record five TDs as Giants pummel Minnesota Vikings, 41-0
MMQB: On Randy Moss, equality and commencement speeches have 326 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 18, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.