Labour has hailed a “fantastic” result in the general election in Wales after taking back Gower, Cardiff North and Vale of Clwyd from the Tories. They also fought off fierce Tory battles for Bridgend and Wrexham, winning 28 seats, three more than 2015.The results represent a huge blow to the Tories who had hoped to make big gains across Wales in the snap election ahead of Brexit negotiations. Plaid Cymru won four seats but the Liberal Democrats lost their only MP.Across the UK, the Tories won 318 seats, Labour 262, the SNP 35 and the Lib Dems 12. It means no single party has the 326 seats required to form a majority government.Businesses in Wales have called for political assurances in the wake of the vote, with 10 days to go until Brexit negotiations begin. General Election 2017 as it happened General election picture around the UK The general election in Wales: Party-by-party analysis Conservative campaign ‘too personal’ Welsh Labour’s Goldilocks election? Election 2017: A dreadful night for Welsh Tories Election young turnout ‘remarkable’ Wales’ new faces at Westminster Labour First Minister Carwyn Jones said: “These are fantastic results in Wales. We had pulled out all the stops. We went… Read full this story
- Labour vows to give EU nationals vote in UK general elections
- Johnson’s desperate for a general election, but he faces an unpleasant surprise
- General election ‘could CANCEL Christmas’: Civil Service chief Mark Sedwill 'warns a vote MUST be held by December 12 or No10 faces turfing pantomimes, parties and Nativity plays out of village halls and schools used as polling stations’
- Britain needs an general election as soon as possible
- Boris Johnson and the Conservative Party are 'preparing to fight the next general election on the assumption Brexit has not happened' leaked campaign leaflets suggest
- What Corbyn’s Brexit compromise means for a general election
- Lib Dems select Lewes general election candidate
- Labour veteran Ann Clwyd to stand down at next general election
- 'Why the General Election may now be next year'
- General Election 2019: Get ready for the populist onslaught
General Election 2017: Labour hails 'fantastic' results have 330 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at June 9, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.