The Republic of Korea was the largest among 91 countries and territories investing in Vietnam in the first five months of 2017, with total foreign direct investment (FDI) of 4.41 billion USD, 36.4 percent of total FDI in the period. According to the Foreign Investment Agency under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the RoK was followed by Japan with 1.94 billion USD and Singapore with 1.23 billion USD. The agency reported that as of May 20, total foreign direct investment poured into Vietnam reached 12.13 billion USD, up 10.4 percent year-on-year. Of the sum, 5.59 billion USD was injected in 939 new projects, 73.9 percent of the figure in the same time last year, and 4.74 billion was added to underway projects, a rise of 83 percent year on year. The rest 1.79 billion USD was invested in 2,061 capital contribution and share buying deals. In the first five months of 2017, FDI disbursement reached 6.15 billion USD, an increase of 6 percent from last year. Processing and manufacturing industry attracted the most capital at 80.9 billion USD, 66.7 percent of total FDI, followed by mining at 1.28 billion USD and wholesale and retail sector at 798 million USD….
- Billion-dollar projects help FDI in Vietnam skyrocket
- Actual FDI in Vietnam touches US$10 billion in 7 months
- Foreign investment through M&A outpaces FDI for first time
- CPTPP offers rising appeal for Vietnam
- Vietnam Turns Down Foreign Textile Investments Worth Millions
- Vietnam`s manufacturing industry attractive to foreign investors
- FDI inflows to Vietnam reach US$20.33 billion in 6 months
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 21/1
- Hanoi remains Vietnam`s most appealing destination for foreign investment
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 1
South Korea becomes largest FDI investor in Vietnam in five months have 246 words, post on at May 26, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.