The ASEAN Community, scheduled to establish in 2015, is expected to greatly benefit tourism sector as the Mutual Recognition Arrangement on Tourism Professionals (MRA-TP) among ASEAN members will take effect in all member countries. The MRA-TP will serve as the foundation to lift tourism cooperation among ASEAN countries. Currently, ASEAN has built common standards for six tourism areas, including reception, restaurant service and tour operation, with a total 32 work titles, except for tour guide. Experts held that Vietnam can apply the standards to save cost in building its own. Vietnamese tourism companies can refer to the standards to improve their service quality and competitiveness. Furthermore, they can recruit qualified workers from other ASEAN countries. On the part of domestic tourism workers, they have the chance to find better jobs and can easily move to other ASEAN countries. However, challenges will also come, and the sector will not be able to maximize the opportunities if it fails to enhance its competitiveness. With the free movement of tourism professionals among ASEAN countries, Vietnamese tourism workers will face fierce competition from their regional rivals who are predicted to flock to Vietnam. Meanwhile, the sector also faces a high risk of brain drain… Read full this story
- Egypt panics, struggles to save tourism sector
- 'Gangland' tourism: economic boost to distressed communities, or exploitation?
- Singapore moves to galvanise Asean efforts in cybersecurity
- The Morning Briefing: Struggling tourism, mass cancellations, global hotspots
- Peru uses climate change to kickstart tourism
- Black carbon casts doubt on space tourism
- Israeli telco Mobilicom readies for AU$7.5m ASX listing and expansion into drone sector
- Inflightfeed Tells You What to Expect From In-Flight Food, Depending on the Airline
- The Psychological Benefits of Writing Regularly
- Avoid the Pressure of Overwhelming Expectations by Resetting Them
Tourism sector expects to benefit from ASEAN Community have 291 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 20, 2015. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.