Hanoi , March 21 (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has hailed the ongoing visit to Vietnam by Russian Interior Minister Vladimir Kolokoltsev as a practical contribution to promoting the cooperation between the two countries across many fields.
During a reception in Hanoi on March 21, the Prime Minister said the traditional friendship and strategic partnership between Vietnam and Russia has made new and remarkable strides in various realms, while mutual trust and understanding has been increasingly reinforced.
He added that Vietnam will always remember Russia’s valuable assistance in the cause of national liberation, reunification, reconstruction and development.
The PM affirmed Vietnam will do its best to promote the bilateral strategic partnership and carry out effectively major bilateral projects in economics and investment and trade; energy, oil and gas; science and technology; education and training, and technical military.
The Vietnamese Government supports cooperation activities between Vietnam’s Ministry of Public Security and Russia’s Ministry of Internal Affairs, especially in human resources training, experience exchanges as well as in preventing terrorism, crime, and ensuring cyber security and safety, he said.
Minister Vladimir Kolokoltsev told the host that the two ministries agreed on a number of cooperative activities during their earlier talks in Hanoi, including the signing of a joint action programme for 2016-2018, focusing on personnel training and professional exchanges.
Russia hopes to increase cooperation with its Vietnamese partner and will pay more attention to supporting and protecting Vietnamese citizens and businesses in Russia, he added.
- PM Modi’s goal of $5 trillion economy by 2025 is at risk
- PM wishes Manmohan Singh on his 87th birthday
- Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa swearing in ceremony at Raj Bhavan LIVE updates: JD (S) MLAs being shifted to Kochi resort
- How a distraught farmer whose story Alan Jones labelled as everything wrong with the government's drought response is now BACKING the PM - after a heartfelt call
- All is forgiven! Boris Johnson fondly embraces the Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel weeks after empty podium spat over Brexit
- 'Frothing at the mouth': Water Minister takes aim at Alan Jones in a fiery interview about the drought - before saying he 'lives and breathes' the struggles of farmers every day
- Govt obsessed with trying to fix blame: Ex-PM
- Boris Johnson to be the new Prime Minister of Britain
- 'Doob maro': PM Modi tells opposition over stance on Article 370
- Spanish PM vows to stand firm amid Catalonia violence