1. Indian Prime Minister visits Vietnam
The Prime Minister of the Republic of India, Narendra Modi, paid an official visit to Vietnam from September 2-3 at the invitation of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
During his stay, PM Narendra Modi met Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, President Tran Dai Quang, and National Assembly (NA) Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid wreathes at the Memorial for National Heroes and Martyrs and the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and visited the Ho Chi Minh Residential Complex and the Quan Su Pagoda in Hanoi.
2. President pays State visit to Singapore
During his stay, the State leader had a talk with Singaporean President Tony Tan Keng Yam, a meeting with Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Singaporean Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong and the staff of the Vietnamese Embassy in Singapore and representatives from the overseas Vietnamese community. He addressed the thirty-eighth Singapore Lecture, held by the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) – Yusof Ishak Institute.
On the occasion of his visit, President Tran Dai Quang and his wife also paid a floral tribute to the statue of President Ho Chi Minh in front of the Asian Civilisation Museum. They also attended a ceremony naming an orchid species after President Tran Dai Quang at the Botanic Garden of Singapore.
3. Party, State leaders pay tribute to President Ho, fallen soldiers
A delegation of the Party Central Committee, the President, the National Assembly, the Government and the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee paid tribute to President Ho Chi Minh and fallen soldiers on September 1 on the occasion of the 71st anniversary of the August Revolution and the National Day.
The delegation included Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, President Tran Dai Quang, NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and President of the VFF Central Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan, among others.
3. Vibrant activities to celebrate National Day
On the occasion of the anniversary, the leaders of countries around the world cabled congratulations to Vietnam’s Party, State, Government and National Assembly leaders.
4. Vietnam attends Eastern Economic Forum in Russia
The second Eastern Economic Forum opened in the Russian city of Vladivostok on September 2, attracting nearly 2,500 delegates from Australia, China, India, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, the US and Vietnam.
The two-day event aims to foster economic development in the Far East and expand international co-operation in the Asia-Pacific Region.
5. Work starts on Hanoi’s Disneyland-like amusement park
A groundbreaking ceremony was held on September 2 for the Sun Group–funded Kim Quy Cultural, Tourism and Amusement Park in Vinh Ngoc commune in Hanoi’s suburban district of Dong Anh, which is expected to create a new momentum for tourism development in the capital city.
6. Do My Linh crowned Miss Vietnam 2016
Do My Linh, a 20-year-old student from the Hanoi Foreign Trade University, was crowned the first Miss Vietnam 2016 at the finale of the national beauty pageant held at Phu Tho Sporting Event Hall in Ho Chi Minh City on August 28.
She overcame 29 other candidates to win the top prize, including a crown handcrafted with 63 pearls and 3,260 sapphires by 40 artisans over the course of more than three months, and received a cash award of VND 500 million (US$22,400).
7. Vietnam win friendly tourney for U19s in Myanmar
The winners received US$15,000.
8. Streets near Hoan Kiem Lake become pedestrian at weekends
Hanoi is planning to close streets in the vicinity of Hoan Kiem Lake to vehicular traffic at weekends and reserve them for pedestrians, starting from September 1.
The new regulation is effective from 7pm on Friday to midnight Sunday.
- August 29 – September 4: Indian Prime Minister visits Vietnam
- Nhandan Newspaper - August 29 – September 4: Concert “Bui Cong Duy & Trio FUGU” in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nhandan Newspaper - August 31-September 6: German Film Festival in Vietnam 2015
- September 30-October 6: Lao Prime Minister visits Vietnam
- September 18-24: Hungarian Prime Minister visits Vietnam Most Recent News
- September 18-24: Hungarian Prime Minister visits Vietnam
- Sri Lankan Prime Minister Visits Vietnam
- Italy’s Prime Minister visits Vietnam
- Indian Prime Minister receives Vietnam Foreign Minister