Did you know that Ms. Boots Anson-Roa has found a “sugar daddy” in her husband Atty. Francisco “King” Rodrigo? Before Tita Boots conducts a manhunt on us and lodges a libel complaint against us at the nearest fiscal office, as Trustee and President of Mowelfund (Movie Workers’ Welfare Foundation, Inc.) she has reached the point of having to ask her husband to donate an expensive, timeless piece of art in their residence to raise funds for a recent undertaking of the 43-year-old organization. Yes, it’s Tita Boots—along with Mowelfund Chairperson Marichu Vera Perez-Maceda—who’s on top of soliciting donations—whether cash or in kind—whenever an important occasion is held. For many years now, Tita Boots has been the frantic “bounty hunter” for more than a hundred Mowelfund beneficiaries who include stuntmen, bit players, technicians, checkers, makeup artists, cameramen, propsmen and other lowly, oftentimes jobless film workers (now we understand why Manay Ichu is pushing that the Metro Manila Film Festival reconsider both artistic quality and commercial viability come December the way it had always been as the Mowelfund—as well as the Film Academy of the Philippines—benefits from portions of gross profits of all official entries). Not one to whine about the tasks… Read full this story
- Platform that helps MSMEs raise funds, sees 20% jump in registrations from Tamil Nadu
- Exclusive! Paddlers G Sathiyan, Neha Aggarwal elated with response as they raise funds for TT fraternity amid pandemic
- Will SEBI’s relaxation in QIP norms help CFOs raise more capital?
- Princess Charlene of Monaco donates prized possession to raise funds for those impacted by COVID-19
- Shorts: Bindra to 'run' to raise funds for COVID-19 affected
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: It's the Markle sparkle! Prince Harry's charity funds rose by £4m the year after he wed Meghan
- Minnesota Freedom Fund Faces Scrutiny for Antifa and Soros Ties, Demands Defunding of Police
- Help us crown your NHS hero as explorer Robin Hanbury-Tenison, 83, salutes the intensive care team who saved his life
- SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar hints ₹10,000 crore MSME Fund of Funds will be operational soon
- Kate Middleton and Prince William join David Cameron to praise boy, 5, who's raised over £1 million for a children's hospital by walking on his prosthetics after his parents abused him so badly his legs were amputated
Husband helps Boots in raising funds for Mowelfund have 374 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at March 27, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.