(Natural News) This past year will be remembered for a lot of things, including the year that so-called fake news helped one unlikely presidential candidate win the White House.For weeks since President Donald J. Trump vanquished two-time presidential loser Hillary Clinton, a narrative emerged that “fake news,” as in propaganda, fed to hundreds of alternative media news sites by Russian intelligence swayed voters away from Clinton and into Trump’s corner.No proof has ever emerged substantiating this tin-foil-hat conspiracy, mind you.Nevertheless, this narrative has been expanded and made “official,” so to speak. President Obama has used it, in part, as his justification for sanctioning Russian intelligence and diplomatic missions and operatives. And it has been used by Congress and the president as justification to create a de facto Ministry of Truth within the U.S. government, ostensibly to identify and counteract the “fake news” and propaganda coming from foreign governments (a long-accepted intelligence/counterintelligence technique which happened all through the Cold War and remains in use today).And who will disseminate the government’s version of what is supposedly ‘the truth’? You guessed it: The very same ‘mainstream’ media institutions and outlets that have been creating and distributing fake news for decades.With that in mind,… Read full this story
- Armed security guard, 31, arrested at Capitol checkpoint for 'carrying 500 ammo rounds and fake Biden inauguration credentials' insists his ID was REAL, says he was late for work and forgot to remove guns from his truck
- Man arrested at DC checkpoint with ‘loaded handgun, 500 rounds of ammunition and fake credentials to Biden inauguration’
- 7,000 National Guard will stay in Washington DC until MARCH due to 'threat of right-wing extremism': Jill Biden thanks National Guard on Capitol Hill as 15,000 prepare to leave
- Veteran news anchor Tom Brokaw, 80, announces his retirement from NBC News after 55 years
- New Presidency, Same Sides: How Fox News, CNN, MSNBC Covered the Biden Inauguration
- CNN has best ratings day ever for Capitol attack
- Fox News Host Praises Trump's Work Ethic on His Last Full Day: 'He Watches Every Show'
- Joe Biden will arrive in Washington today and try to take the focus off Donald Trump with ceremony of remembrance for the 400,000 victims of COVID at the Lincoln Memorial
- Fox News portrayed it as one of the biggest scandals in American history. Then it fell apart
- 'Trump's the biggest snowflake of them all': Don Lemon blasts the President after aide Hogan Gidley said his boss is 'the most masculine person to ever hold the White House'
The 10 biggest purveyors of fake news in 2016: CNN, Washington Post, MSNBC, Forbes and more have 411 words, post on www.naturalnews.com at January 20, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.