Here is the full text of his message:
“Fellow countrymen, comrades, and soldiers,
On behalf of Party and State leaders, I would like to extend best wishes to fellow countrymen, comrades and soldiers as we welcome the 2018 Lunar New Year, the Year of the Dog. On behalf of the Vietnamese State and people, I wish people all over the world a new year of peace, friendship, happiness, and prosperity.
In 2017, the entire Vietnamese nation was united to surmount numerous difficulties and challenges and record significant progress across the board, particularly in economics, social affairs, national defense, security, diplomacy, and Party building. Vietnam’s stature and strength were taken up a notch, creating a steppingstone for sustainable national development.
The new year brings great promise. With renewed determination, new energy, and solid confidence in the leadership of the Party and a brighter prospect, every Vietnamese should uphold patriotism, self-reliance, and solidarity and do their utmost to reap even greater successes in national construction and defense, contributing to peace, stability, national independence, democracy and progress around the globe.
With a new year, new opportunities, and new momentum, we will definitely succeed!”
- US, Egyptian Presidents send sympathies over passing of President Tran Dai Quang
- Lunar New Year get-together for Vietnamese in Australia
- Culture-Tourism Village to host assorted activities to welcome New Year 2019
- Sabeco to charter aircraft to transport outstanding workers home for New Year
- Vietnam Airlines to put 70,000 tickets on offer at VND199,000 for Lunar New Year
- Vietnam Airlines offers discounted tickets for Lunar New Year Holiday
- Cambodian officials share New Year joy with Soc Trang province
- HCM City – best New Year’s Eve holiday destination for Vietnamese: Agoda
- Trump needs a better response to Kim Jong Un's New Year's resolution
- Elizabeth Warren Announces New Year’s Eve Speech In Downtown Boston