Like Captain Louis Renault in “Casablanca” I was shocked, shocked! to hear that Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein has been accused of molesting and assaulting women for decades. Of course, we all knew. I’ve been a correspondent for The Hollywood Reporter for over a decade and everyone I knew had heard the stories: Harvey Weinstein, the producer of Oscar-winning films like “The English Patient” and “Pulp Fiction,” is a sexual predator. He gropes women, he pressures them to have sex in exchange for roles in his movies or help with their careers. In reports released recently in The New York Times and The New Yorker magazine, at least 30 women, including famous actresses Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rose McGowan and Asia Argento, have come forward saying Weinstein assaulted them. At least four women have accused him of rape. Read more: Weinstein denies latest sexual abuse claims They won’t be the last. It’s tempting to see Weinstein as an aberration, a monster amid Hollywood’s politically correct progressives. And he fits the bill. This fat, angry man, who regularly screams invective at his business partners, employees and, yes, hapless film journalists, is almost a caricature of the schoolyard bully. But when it comes to sexual assault,… Read full this story
- Rose McGowan Says Iconic See-Through VMAs Dress Was Secret Harvey Weinstein Protest
- Disturbing Harvey Weinstein “Casting Couch” Statue Pops Up Near the Oscars
- People Say Harvey Weinstein Hid ‘Sick’ Message in Plain Sight on His Way to Get Booked
- Harvey Weinstein Accused of Rape By Three Women, More Revelations Surface
- Harvey Weinstein Arrested by NYPD, Charged With Rape and Sex Abuse
- We Don’t Care That Harvey Weinstein’s Life Is “Ruined”
- The Harvey Weinstein Downfall Is Getting a ‘Spotlight’-like Movie
- 'Bachelorette': How Harvey Weinstein Influenced the Raunchy Female Comedy (Video)
- State AG set to appoint special deputy to probe Manhattan DA’s handling of Harvey Weinstein case
- 'Hollywood Babylon' Author Kenneth Anger Isn't Surprised by Harvey Weinstein: Showbiz Is a "Synonym for Sin"
Hollywood's open dirty secret: Why Harvey Weinstein isn't an outlier have 328 words, post on www.dw.com at January 13, 2017. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.