Respiratory Syncytial Virus is a real concern for the young, elderly asthmatics and those with chronic lung disorders. Note: This story was initially published by the Visalia Times Delta on Nov. 14, 2016. Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) is a common virus that affects many people during the winter. Statistically, nearly 100% of people have had RSV once by the age of 2 years old. What is the concern with RSV? It is a real concern for the very young, elderly, premature infants, asthmatics and those with chronic lung disorders. It usually starts with a runny nose and cough, but it can be dangerous and severe, causing bronchiolitis, pneumonia, apnea, and death. What are RSV symptoms? RSV usually starts with a runny nose for 2-3 days and then a cough develops. It can last 1 to 2 weeks and can be self-limiting. Supportive care with over-the-counter medications for older children can help. The majority of babies and children will recover well and you will never even know that they had RSV. When is peak RSV season? The peak season for RSV is January through March. When should I be concerned about my baby? I usually see the biggest changes and concerns… Read full this story
- What is H10N3 bird flu? All you need to know about symptoms, treatment and more
- RSV virus is 'rampant' in UK - Dr Hilary issues important tips to fight it this winter
- A sore throat isn't proof you have coronavirus — here's what to actually look for
- After 169 hospitals, a dad finally got the Covid-19 care he needed -- and changed dozens of skeptics' minds
- Crohn’s: The consistency of your poo could signal 'urgent' and 'emergency care' is needed
- Elizabeth Hurley speaks out on 'different' types of breast cancer – symptoms and treatment
- Arthritis treatment: Could CBD reduce the severity of symptoms in the painful condition?
- Cases of potentially severe respiratory virus surge in Greater Brisbane
- Know the signs of respiratory illness RSV
- Menopause: The practice proven to ‘relieve’ menopause-related symptoms - BMJ study
What is RSV? Here's what you need to know about the virus, its symptoms and treatment have 324 words, post on www.floridatoday.com at November 8, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.