It’s been a bad year for a certain kind of man. From Donald Trump referencing the size of his penis early in the primary, to his more recent exposure as a serial sexual predator, the election has been bookended by the worst aspects of masculinity. And while the thrice-married former beauty contest owner-cum-Republican nominee has gotten the lion’s share of coverage, he’s not the only person women have become angry about. This was the election that saw multiple accusations of assault and harassment made against Bill Cosby. Likewise Roger Ailes. Powerful men who had been in the public eye for decades were made to face the claims of their accusers. More than that, the public finally listened. It’s upsetting but not surprising that this happened in tandem with a woman’s rise to the top of a major party ticket for the first time. The forces that made that impossible for the past 240 years are same ones that taught these men to measure their power in terms of their control of women, that it’s excusable to treat women as trophies or toys. While Trump is the only person running for high office who’s had more than a dozen different women… Read full this story
- AG Barr: No Reason to Believe That 2020 US Presidential Election Will be Rigged
- Iranian presidential elections 2013: the essential guide
- Sorry, Donald Trump: The 2020 presidential election is on
- Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani to stand in Iran presidential election
- North Korea May Stage Cyber Attack Against US Presidential Election, Experts Say
- Trump suggests delaying US presidential election amid claims of voting fraud
- Foreign threats loom ahead of US presidential election
- AG Barr Vows to Leave Office if US Presidential Election Results 'Clear'
- Iran's presidential election: clearing the path
- Iran prepares for high-stakes presidential election
What can we salvage from the trauma of the US presidential election? have 292 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 8, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.