“If they can make it into a holiday, I can make it into a picture—a motion picture!” Garry Marshall (probably) said once. And indeed, Hollywood has long used our wintry, woozy family get-togethers as the basis for all kinds of movies and TV specials, many of them as satisfying as a burning yule log to the head. But every once in a while, a film or episode comes along that perfectly captures the spirit of the holiday—or, at the very least, upends said spirit in delightfully fiendish ways! Here are some of our favorite seasonal stand-outs: Lethal Weapon (1987) Though it opens with the happily rollicking riffs of “Jingle Bell Rock,” the first Lethal entry is full of bad little girls and boys: This is a movie in which a drugged-up superfox takes a nosedive from a seasonally decorated high-rise apartment, and a film whose main hero, Martin Riggs (Mel Gibson), is introduced via a scene in which he kills a bunch of creepy coke-dealers who are doing business in a field of Christmas trees. It’s not a family-friendly movie—you’ll want to make sure your kids are too old for this shit before letting them watch—but its juxtaposition of dark,… Read full this story
- The 10 Best (and Five Worst) TV Shows of 2017
- 'Brockmire' is funny, obscene, but what are best sports TV shows ever?
- 2018 draft: What are the best sports movies? We drafted the top 35 of all-time
- OU Football: Baker Mayfield's incredible journey from walk-on to first-round draft pick. Says Bob Stoops: 'It's a movie. It's a TV show.'
- New Avengers: Infinity War TV spot features teen Groot
- Nazi-Hunting TV Drama On The Way From Get Out's Jordan Peele
- California's state flower has its own holiday — here's when to show your poppy love
- Chris Gethard explains his new IFC deal and how he makes his public-access show
- Some Westminster show dogs are show-business dogs, too
- Jessica Jones season 2: When and how does Kilgrave show up?
The Best Holiday Movies and TV Shows Ever—Don't Even Argue with Us have 324 words, post on www.wired.com at November 25, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.