WASHINGTON D.C. — Late Thursday afternoon, after the Cavs title ceremony with President Obama was finished, a few dozen reporters waited to hear from players and coaches. When Tyronn Lue emerged and saw the crowd on the north lawn, he broke into a giant grin as he approached. “I feel like I’m the President,” he said.That’s how these things are supposed to go. It’s a celebration, and there are jokes, and nobody plays it cool. Lue settled in at his makeshift podium, and the coach spoke about bringing his mother to meet President Obama. He talked about his team joking around with the President and the First Lady, and how much it meant to all of them. There was a question about bringing Obama onto his staff when he finished in office, and Lue joked about holding practice on the outdoor basketball court that Obama had installed when took over in 2008. All of it was everything you’d expect from an NBA champion’s trip to the White House.Then Lue receded, and Cavs GM David Griffin emerged for a few minutes of questions. And then, that was it. A note from the White House had promised LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, and Kevin… Read full this story
- Obama slams Trump for four years of climate ‘hostility’ in Glasgow
- Boris Johnson says Britain will be first in line for US trade deal after meeting with Donald Trump's team and Paul Ryan
- Donald Trump's Political 'Pit Bull': Meet Michael Cohen
- Who Is Kurt Volker? Trump’s Former Special Envoy to Ukraine Will Testify
- Barack Obama Lambasts GOP For Making Climate Change A Partisan Issue: ‘Science Does Not Care About Party Affiliation’
- James Comey compares Trump to a mob boss, suggests he could be an 'unindicted co-conspirator' in Russia investigation
- Trump Defends McMaster Against Calls for His Firing
- Meet the Only Man With a Crazier Daily Routine Than Mark Wahlberg
- Chris Christie Reportedly Fired From Trump Transition for Hogging Camera and Not Showing Up to Work
- Trump AXES 'horrible' Iran nuclear deal and unveils sanctions: 'US won't be blackmailed'
Cavs Meet Obama, In The Shadow Of Trump have 342 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 11, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.