Bakewell, Derbyshire You’d expect the home of the Bakewell pudding to know a thing or two about keeping its visitors cosy and well-fed, and in this attractive market town, you’re never more than a few steps away from a tea room or pub. And to walk off all the cake and ale, the spectacular Peak District is on the doorstep. In the run-up to Christmas, the town will be hosting a traditional Christmas market to coincide with its lights switch-on (26 & 27 Nov) and, new for 2016, a Winter Wonderland event (18-20 Nov and 9-11 Dec, advance tickets £5, under-fives free, bakewellshow.org), at the Bakewell Showground, with Christmas grotto, craft marquee, reindeer, market stalls, ice rink, funfair and fireworks. For something more sedate, check out the candlelit tours of Haddon Hall (selected dates 7–13 Dec, £22pp), a romantic medieval manor house which has starred in countless films. The nearby Chatsworth Estate (chatsworth.org) always puts on a good display for Christmas, with beautiful Nutcracker-themed decorations in the house, special evening openings and, until 30 Nov, a Christmas market. Eat/drink The Manners is a traditional stone-built pub a few minutes’ walk from the town centre, serving well-executed pub fare such as… Read full this story
- Top 10 Best Nintendo Switch Launch Titles, Which One to Get?
- 10 Best Character Cameos in Kingdom Hearts
- Take a break and download our top 10 best iPhone apps for July
- How Manassas Ranks Among Best Small Cities In America
- The 10 best laptops from CES 2017 will have you itching to upgrade
- Top 10 Best Of The Original 150 Pokemon
- Top 10 Best Companions From Mass Effect Universe
- 10 Best Xbox One X Enhanced Games You Need to Play
- Modern Warfare 2 is best-selling UK game of 2009, says ELSPA
- Top 10 Best Cosplays of 2016
10 of the best small UK towns for winter breaks have 280 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 19, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.