The organisers behind a popular vintage fair in Beckenham are celebrating their first year in business, as trade continues to flourish. Market sellers Alan Old and Alison Davis launched So Last Century as a pilot project just over a year ago at Venue 28 in Beckenham Road. Now 12 months later the bi-monthly vintage fair regularly attracts between 600 and 800 visitors a time with around 40 traders on average. The event has continually expanded throughout the year with new businesses coming on board. Outside the venue a nearby pizza restaurant brings its wood fired oven to offer freshly made food to shoppers, while a local brewer making craft beer provides cool refreshments. In the past the street food traders have included crepes, Thai noodles and gourmet burgers, while inside a professionally run tearoom offers hot drinks and home-made scones. Mr Old told News Shopper: “We set up the first fair in September 2015 as a pilot project, not quite certain of the reception we would receive in the Beckenham area, where we both live. “As it turned out, the response to the inaugural event far exceeded our expectations, so much so that we immediately began planning for six fairs… Read full this story
- Tweet from a Commodore 64? We Do That and More to Celebrate the Beloved PC's 30th Birthday
- Pregnant Irina Shayk Gears up for Cooking Favorite Dish for Old New Year?
- Ben Affleck Finally Talks About Jennifer Garner’s Vanity Fair Interview
- Nicki Minaj: A Fair Warning To Male Drivers…Dangerous Curves Ahead!
- 2012: The year in quotes
- Dr. Dre Talks About Compton, His First Album After 16 Years
- The best peripherals for Mac business users
- Rise of the Celebrity Tech Entrepreneur
- Digital Storm Aventum 3 review: This big, bad desktop celebrates high-end gaming
- With Little to Celebrate, Mets Honor a Title-Winning Team
Duo behind Beckenham vintage fair celebrate first year in business have 289 words, post on www.newsshopper.co.uk at September 14, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.