Apple’s latest mobile software update, iOS 10, rolls out on Tuesday, September 13, and with it comes a new setting that will give users much stronger protection against advertiser tracking. The current iPhone operating system, iOS 9, already features a “limit ad tracking” option that users can toggle on or off by going to Settings > Privacy > Advertising. The setting will look the same in iOS 10, but it will act a lot differently. As the Future of Privacy Forum explains in detail, advertisers can currently target specific groups of iPhone users (such as 18-34-year-old males in London interested in football), identified using their unique ID number, which is known as an IDFA (Identifier for Advertising). With iOS 9, if a user selected “limit ad tracking,”advertisers would not be able to target this user based on their IDFA as they were considered to have opted out of what is known as “behavioral advertising” (which is when your browsing behavior determines the kinds of ads you see online). However, some ad tech companies still targeted those users based on their location or used the IDFA to help them track that user as they switched between devices. Some ad tech firms… Read full this story
- Apple releases HomePod software 15.5 to the public
- WhatsApp | iPhone: WhatsApp to drop support for these iPhones. Does your Apple device need an update?
- Apple Loop: iPhone 14 Design Documents, iPad Air Audio Review, Apple’s Self-Repair Program Detailed
- Apple invention uses wrist gestures to control Apple Watch, iPhone
- Apple's iPhone emergency SOS saves woman from attempted rape
- Apple has a secret iPhone setting that makes phone calls sound MUCH better – how to unlock it
- Apple's iPhone 12 shipments set for 38% annual growth in Q1 2021
- Google Maps gets location sharing for Apple's iPhone & iPad
- Apple Loop: iPhone’s USB-C Upgrade, Goodbye iPod Touch, Latest MacBook Pro Problems
- Apple Highlights iPhone's Latest Privacy Features in New 'Data Auction' Ad
Apple’s latest iPhone software update will make it a lot harder for advertisers to track you have 310 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at September 10, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.