IMAGE: Dalits enforce the closure of markets during a protest in Ahmedabad July 20 against the assault by cow protectors in Rajkot. Photograph: PTI ‘Only the smoke is coming out now. Let us prevent the lava from coming out by taking proper measures.’ T hough P S Krishnan , 84, retired after three decades of service as an IAS officer in 1990, as the secretary to the Government of India, he continues his work for the socially deprived classes in India. Krishnan, below, left , has been on numerous government committees after retirement, and is currently the advisor to the government of Telangana on backward classes, and the government of Andhra Pradesh on identification of and reservation for socially and educationally backward classes among Muslims. He is also a member of the National Monitoring Committee for Education of SCs, STs and Persons with Disabilities, and a member of the Central Monitoring Committee of the National Mission for Empowering Women. One of the most significant initiatives by him at the national level was the formulation and initialising of the special component plan for scheduled castes in 1978. When contacted for an interview, he said, “I am ready to talk to anyone… Read full this story
- Anger as standards stolen from Newbuildings remembrance garden
- “Volcano” delights, but leaves many more questions than answers
- 'Anger' over Harrogate MP's backing for suspending Parliament
- First Supreme Court sitting in Wales 'important'
- Brexit anger in the centre of England?
- Students voice anger over lack of declaration
- Bury FC: Anger and tears at League One club before EFL decision
- 'We've turned anger into hope'
- Anger as pupils banned from prom for 'minor misdemeanours'
- What graffiti says about Hong Kong's evolving anger
'You are sitting on a volcano of Dalit anger' have 271 words, post on www.rediff.com at August 8, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.