Stranger Things will return in 2017 for a second season with nine episodes by original writers/directors Matt and Ross Duffer, Netflix announced today. The news is about as unsurprising as, say, the idea that four Dungeons and Dragons-playing nerds in 1983 would be bullied at school. But it's also an intriguing development—not unlike the revelation of an alternate dimension that resembles our own but has unfriendly plant-headed monsters roaming about. The first eight episodes of the nostalgia-soaked sci-fi saga became the unpredicted breakout pop-culture conversation piece of summer 2016, spawning memes online and faux funerals in real life. Netflix doesn't reveal viewership numbers, but this week the independent data-measurement company Symphony Advanced Media estimated that the series drew an average of 14.07 million adults age 18-49 in the first 35 days of streaming. That would make it the second most-watched Netflix original of 2016, just behind Fuller House and the latest Orange Is the New Black season, both of which (unlike Stranger Things ) arrived with established fan bases. Netflix's business model relies on shows doing exactly what Stranger Things has done: draw buzz to lure subscribers. The teaser video for the second season does a nice job of renewing… Read full this story
- 19 Things
- Comic Con 2017: The best trailers from the weekend
- Netflix Will “Move Our Productions” Out Of Georgia If Anti-Gay Bill Becomes Law; Amblin Partners Also Urges Veto
- 'The Santa Clause' Cast: Where Are They Now?
- Top 12 Christmas movies of all time - from Elf to Love Actually
- 50 of the best comics for kids
- Pokemon: The Power of Us Reveals Netflix Release Date
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is happening! It's real!
- Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord's single player campaign is full of thugs and bog men
- The Christmas Leftovers - Part Three
'Stranger Things' Is Getting a Sequel, Not a New Season have 291 words, post on www.theatlantic.com at August 31, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.