On May 20, 2014, Satya Nadella – the recently appointed CEO of Microsoft – sat down next to Microsoft Surface boss Panos Panay in a packed New York City auditorium. They were there to launch the Surface Pro 3, the newest version of Microsoft’s tablet. “This is a big day,” Nadella told Panay. “Let’s get it right.” The pressure was on: The first generation of Surface tablets had performed so badly in the market, Microsoft had to take a $900 million write-down for unsold inventory in 2013. The second Surface hadn’t fared much better. Nadella had told Panay that the third version had to be right: “We need to make hardware that gives us permission to be in hardware.” ‘We need to make hardware that gives us permission to be in hardware.’ – Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Panay knew what he was up against, but he was confident they were going to get it right on the third try. “You have a vision. You have a whole vision. It’s never one generation that’s going to get you there,” Panay tells Business Insider. Now Microsoft has won a reputation as the trendsetter in tablets, with companies like Dell and HP following… Read full this story
- In 2 decades, Apple marched from brink of bankruptcy to world’s first trillion-dollar company
- Customers tackle theft suspects at Apple store
- Inside iPhone 7: Why Apple Killed The Headphone Jack
- Inside Apple’s 20-Year March to $1 Trillion From the Brink of Bankruptcy
- Apple Is Worth $1 Trillion; 21 Years Ago It Was on the Brink of Bankruptcy
- Apple Is Worth $1,000,000,000,000. Two Decades Ago, It Was Almost Bankrupt.
- The key to Apple’s record-breaking financial success
- Rare Apple-1 Computer Created by Steve Jobs May Reach $300,000 at Auction
- The Morning Download: Microsoft’s Approach to the Cloud Pays Off
- Marketing and Lead Generation Inspiration From Apple, the First Trillion-Dollar Company
How Microsoft built a computer so good, even Apple wanted to copy it have 298 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 21, 2016. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.